Dubai Desert Dunes GeoGolf Multi-Container Building.
January 24, 2012 :: Posted by - GeoDanielDXB :: Category - Uncategorized
Now it’s time to build all the separate traditional caches that go into the multi GeoGolf Game course cache.
Exploration is now complete on the “Dubai Desert Dunes” GeoGolf game course. We’ve had a dry-run over the whole course, laid out all the GZ plans for every hole including the 19th Hole – (Club House), the “Caddy’s Hide-Away” – (emergency? help?) and the “Caddy Shack” – (course entrance).
So what is next? “Shopping of course” said the horse. So that is exactly what we did today – headed out to the malls and the hidden corners of Dubai ie; Dragon Mart a great place to find budget Chinese goods, more on that later. So what is on the to do list?
- Containers, and lots of them – extra fro backups and maintenance of the GeoGolf course, too. How many did we buy today, well lets see!
- 20 small round containers for most of the holes 1 thru 17, three are replacements if needed, screw on tops.
- 2 larger round containers for the 18th hole, one is a replacement if needed, Lock & Locks
- 2 XL ammo-style plastic boxes – one for the “Caddy Shack” hide and one for the “Caddy’s Hide-Away” hide.
- 1 XXL multipack Lock & Lock just in-case its needed, several sizes inside.
- “Piece de’ resistance” the holy grail – the 19th hole combination safe box, it’s going to be a (6) digit combo to unlock…more about that in the rules & regulations of GeoGolf game play. There will be a smallish Shwag container at the 19th hole, too. Bought at Dragon Mart for DHS 75.– or $20 US dollars.
- What the total? Well it looks like (27) containers of one type or another.
Would you like to see what all that looks like in a pile and/or pyramid?
19th Hole Combination Safe-Box
Tower of hole containers!
All the containers together.
Pictures have been modified as to not make them spoilers.
What goes inside each of these containers we’ll save for a later post once we finish printing some of the needed paperwork – some lamination – color-coding, etc. Look for this post on the construction of the containers over the next few days or so.
While out at the Dubai Dragon Mart – found some great 1st, 2nd, and 3rd FTF’s…I’ll think about posting photos of them here later, not sure yet!
Tags: 19th Hole, Cache, Caddy Shack, Club House, combination safe box, Dubai Desert Dunes, Geocaching Tools, GeoGolf Containers, Hides, multi-cache, rules, shwag